Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Smells like Italia!

I can't explain what is happening to me lately, but ever since the breeze of warm weather has slowly crept in, shuffling out Spring and Summer time reminding us that it'll be another fierce season, I keep thinking of my honeymoon in Italy. Which brings me to my scent obsessions for all things citrus.

Recently I received a flyer for a new scent by Dior called Escale a Portofino. The moment I smelled the fragrance I was transported to Capri, Italy. Everytime I say or think Capri, I smell lemons in the air. That is why Dior's Portofino has made my top 3 fave scents for this summer's MUST HAVE!

Why citrust scents in the summer? Italians know that nothing relives you of the heavy hotness like the light and sweet or tartiness of a citrus fruit (Grapefruits/Oranges/Lemons). So spritz on summer scents, and if you still need to cool off, have a Limoncello!

CIAO!

Claude's Summer Scent Picks:

Dior Escale a Portofino $85 available at Nordstrom
Acqua di Parma $98-127 available at BlueMercury.com
Jo Malone's Verbenas of Provedence $55 available at JoMalone.com


No comments: